Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Fire sweeps through Westons Mills home
A woman was hurt trying to escape her burning home Monday afternoon. It happened on Bear Paw Road in Westons Mills. Officials said the women climbed out a first floor window to safety. She was then taken by ambulance to Olean General. Within minutes, the home was fully engulfed in flames and was destroyed. The wicked winds drove the flames into a nearby field sparking a small wildfire. Supporting Westons Mills volunteers were fire crews from the Town of Olean, Hinsdale, Allegany and Portville. No firefighters were reported injured.