Friday, December 23, 2011

Two escape house fire in Bradford

An early morning fire damaged a home at 15 High Avenue in Bradford. State Police said the tenants, Terry Short and Ellie Howard, escaped without injury. According to the Pennsylvania Fire Marshal, the blaze was discovered at 3:01am. An investigation by the Fire Marshal and the Bradford City Fire Department, the cause was identified as an overheated extension cord. Investigators said the cord was used to power a 1500 watt electric space heater, LCD big screen television, DVD player and cellular phone charger. Damage was estimated at $40,000. Police said the owner of the home is Patricia Verrelli of Bradford. 

No comments:

Post a Comment