The U.S. Marshals Service, the Cattaraugus County Sheriff and local police agencies conducted a targeted "sweep" to verify the addresses of registered sex offenders in the county.
In early November officials conducted a physical check of the addresses of 230 registered sex offenders living in Cattaraugus County. The operation discovered that 11 sex offenders were not living at the addresses they reported to the New York State Sex Offender Registry in Albany.
Nine of the offenders have been arrested for Felony Charges of Failure to Register as a Sex Offender. They were arraigned by a Salamanca City Judge and committed to the County Jail. Each suspect is being held on $1,000 bail.
Police are currently searching for two offenders who were not located. They are Matthew T. Fox, 24, and William Bliss, 40.
Anyone with information on their whereabouts is asked to call the Cattaraugus County Sheriff's Office at (716) 938-9917.
The following individuals are level 2 or 3 offenders are being charged with Failure to Register as a Sex Offender:
- Mark Veasley, 49, located in Buffalo, NY.
- Darryl Myers, 40, located in Limestone, NY.
- Donal Yocum, 48, located in Holland, NY.
- Robert Marvin, 32, located in Weston Mills, NY.
- John Gagner, 40, located in Hinsdale, NY.
- Lawrence Vancuran, 32, located in Buffalo, NY.
- Max Reyes, 40, located in Olean, NY.