Eligible participants can receive a rebate of up to $650 based on their rent or property taxes paid in 2011. The program benefits eligible Pennsylvanians who are 65 years or older, widows and widowers 50 years or older, and those 18 years or older with disabilities.
Eligibility income limits for homeowners are set at the following levels, excluding 50 percent of Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, and Railroad Retirement Tier 1 benefits:
- $0 to $8,000, maximum $650 rebate (Homeowners and renters).
- $8,001 to $15,000, maximum $500 rebate (Homeowners and renters).
- $15,001 to $18,000, maximum $300 rebate (Homeowners only).
- $18,001 to $35,000, maximum $250 rebate (Homeowners only).
The Property Tax/Rent Rebate program is one of many initiatives supported by the Pennsylvania Lottery, which dedicates its proceeds to support programs for older Pennsylvanians. Since the program began in 1971, $4.8 billion has been paid to qualified applicants.
Residents are reminded to provide all the necessary income, property tax or rental information required to process claims quickly and accurately. Applications are due by June 30.
Property Tax/Rent Rebate claim forms are available at Causer’s website, RepCauser.com, or by contacting his offices in Bradford or Coudersport:
- 78 Main St., First Floor, Bradford – 814-362-4400.
- 107 S. Main St., Room 1, Coudersport – 814-274-9769.