Sunday, February 12, 2012

Early morning fire at St. Bonaventure University

Between 250 and 300 students at St. Bonaventure University were evacuated early today after a dormitory microwave caught fire, a university spokesman said.
No injuries were reported.
The fire, reported at 6:11 a.m. in Devereaux Hall, led to the evacuation of the students in single-digit wind-chill weather. The students were taken to the lobby of nearby Shay Hall for approximately 90 minutes, reports indicated.
Minimal smoke damage and scorching were reported to the building.
Smoke detectors in the dormitory triggered the fire alarm. An investigation is being conducted by the Allegany Police Department and the Cattaraugus County Sheriff's Office
Devereux Hall, St. Bonaventure's first residence hall, was built in 1926. It is the second oldest building on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment