As a result of student focus groups conducted on campus and feedback from DiningStyles™, ARAMARK’s proprietary research, ARAMARK chefs have cooked up unique and exciting meals that turn everyday favorites into culinary attractions, as well as integrated healthy choices with flavors and influences from around the world.
The spring menus feature more than 100 new entrees and side dishes, including Moroccan Vegetable Stew, Chicken Honey Lettuce Wraps, Szechuan Tofu and Turkey Harira, all prepared and presented in creative ways.
“Based on our students’ feedback, we are excited to introduce new international flavors and creative twists on traditional student favorites, as well as more seafood, vegan and vegetarian options,” said Andy Kirtz, executive chef with St. Bonaventure Dining Services. “The new spring menu features many fun, tasty foods that also allow students to customize their culinary experience.”
Highlights of the new menus include:
• Chicken Honey Lettuce Wrap: A twist on a traditional favorite, lettuce leaves serve as the “wrap” to hold the chicken and tortilla strips, which are drizzled with honey mustard.
• Falafel on Pita: The recipe features falafel served atop a warm pita with a choice of vegetables, assembled as students watch.
• Beef on Weck Pizza – a regional favorite with a twist. Instead of the traditional beef on a kemmelweck roll it the same ingredients on a pizza crust.
• Veggie Curry: Vegetarians can enjoy curry—a traditional Indian cuisine—featuring a variety of freshly cooked vegetables.
• Your Way Fried Rice: Selecting their favorite vegetables and a choice of protein, students are able to customize their fried rice and watch as it is prepared. Chopsticks and a fortune cookie complete the dish!
• Vegetarian Chili Baked Potato: Served in a large mug, this vegetarian chili features diced potatoes and is completed with the student’s choice of chopped green onions, shredded cheese or crunchy chips.
• Baked Fish Bruschetta: This flaky white fish is covered with seasoned panko crumbs and topped with fresh plum tomatoes, diced onions and a chiffonade of freshly cut basil.
• Grilled Vegetable and Hummus Wrap: The wrap combines grilled vegetables layered in a tortilla shell, coated with a smear of hummus and topped with crisp arugula, diced plum tomatoes and diced red onion.
• Szechuan Tofu: A delicious vegetarian choice, the grilled tofu is combined with spicy Szechuan vegetables for the perfect meal.
• Vegetable Linguine: Tasty linguine is combined with fresh Alfredo sauce and a variety of fresh, local vegetables.