Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bradford apartment fire traced to electric stove

An unattended stove was listed as the cause of a fire that damaged a two story apartment complex on Elm Street in Bradford last week. According to the Pennsylvania State Police  Fire Marshal, the blaze began in Apartment #3. Investigators said a burner on an electric range had been left on and unattended for about 30 minutes…in turn, igniting nearby material. Officials said the tenants were Donald McAplpine and Doug Ekas---both escaped the burning building without injury. The building is owned by the Re-Development Authority of Bradford. Damaged was pegged at $30,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment